Veterans Service Discharge

The Recorder’s Office maintains copies of Veteran’s Discharge papers (DD-214). When an individual leaves military service they receive discharge paperwork, commonly referred to as a DD-214. It is the responsibility of the service member to have this document recorded. Military service organizations strongly suggest recording this document to ensure availability of a certified copy in the event the original document is lost or destroyed. There is no charge for recording of these documents or for copies to authorized agents.

Memorial Park


See ORC 317.24 for questions regarding Soldier Discharge Records.