Types of Vendor's Licenses

There are two types of vendor licenses, "Regular" and "Transient." The "regular" one may be obtained at the County Auditor's office. The "transient" license is issued by the State of Ohio. Applications may be obtained at the County Auditor's office or online at Ohio Business Gateway. This website is also where you will set up your account to pay in the sales tax collected. 

If you have any questions call 888-405-4089 (then option 1, 1, 9 to get to an attendant). If you have questions about setting up a business visit Ohio Small Business Development Services Agency, or call Ohio Small Business Development Center - at 419-267-1361. To register a business name go to the Ohio Secretary of State website.

"Regular License"

A "regular" vendor's license is issued to vendors with a fixed place of business and is only good for one location. The application fee is $25. Download an Application (PDF), or online at Ohio Business Gateway.

"Transient" License

The "Transient" vendors license may be used to make sales in all Ohio Counties. This license is issued to vendors who transport a stock of goods to a temporary exhibit (county fairs, festivals, craft shows) in a county where they have no fixed place of business. The license will remain in effect until your business is dissolved, there is a change of ownership or the Tax Commissioner revokes the license. 

The fee for the Transient Vendors License is $25. An application for a "Transient" vendors license may be obtained from the County Auditor's office to be mailed to the State. Download an Application (PDF), or on line at Ohio Business Gateway.